Friday, April 21, 2006

(*la -> dc) no door

i must say, dulles is far away, but it's worth the drive for a nonstop to/from LA. when i got off the plane today, i really had to pee. i was toward the back of the plane, so by the time i got to the bathroom, all the stalls were full. i really wanted to get going and didn't want to wait. the first stall was empty, but it didn't have a door. i decided to use it anyway. i was wearing a long coat and had my suitcase in front of me, and besides, pee privacy is not a very big deal to me. as i was sitting there, minding my own business, peeing, i noticed that everyone walking by would politely avert their eyes. everyone, that is, except the woman who was cleaning the bathroom. she came over to the stall, looked at me without expression, and said, "no door." i looked back at her and repeated, "no door." she gave me a confused look and walked away. i guess she just wanted to make sure i realized there was no door on my stall.

i wonder if this is the first time i've talked to a stranger as they watched me pee. this happens all the time for guys, but almost never for girls. or maybe i'm just sheltered.

happy Ridvan, everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

I think you haven't spent enough time on the asian continent.

25/4/06 12:25 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

i guess not. have you?

25/4/06 1:26 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

not a whole lot. just going on heresay

25/4/06 1:31 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I wondered that. I decided to bite the bullet and open myself up for corrections without visiting dictionary.com

26/4/06 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home