Tuesday, November 16, 2004

(friendswood) so far

so good. well, at least so-so. yesterday was, indeed, total advanced fresh. today, not so fresh. back to some of my old tricks. i got distracted looking for a new space for the studio, in case i decide to stay in houston permanently (which, in my world, doesn't really mean permanently - it could mean anywhere from 1 year to...well...let's say 5 years? beyond that, i can't really say). i found an interesting building that i'm going to go look at tomorrow. it's an 8000 ft office/warehouse building in the heights. i distracted myself further by daydreaming of turning this place into a combination rehearsal space, performance space, and recording studio. daydreaming is probably my number one procrastination activity. today i was procrastinating preparing my slides for an 8:30 presentation tomorrow. in fact, it's 10:30pm and i haven't started to prepare. why do i always do this? it's so typical. i guess i'll be going soo. i will report on the possible new (real) home of it's not rocket science studios (which, incidentally, also needs a real website) tomorrow.

i missed the first 3/4 of justin's radio show tonight because i interviewed a woman from san antonio who wants to cook, clean, and run errands for me (and take care of my cat) in exchange for a room in my house. this seems like a great deal to me. i showed her the room and she seemed happy about it. she is married, but her husband and all her animals and stuff are staying in san antonio for the time being. even better! i liked her. but i'm going to sleep on it.

and finally, i hired a personal trainer at my gym today. i know. it's ultra-lame. but i'm doing it anyway. things were just getting out of hand. i have my first session on thursday. go, fight, win.

2 Comments:

Blogger cherry blossom said...

uhh...well, you didn't have to join to post a comment or see my blog. i think it's all viewable to the world at large. anyway, i'm glad you made it here and that you like houston. thanks for reading.

18/11/04 4:42 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

please forgive my terrible memory. i think in my advanced age, most of my memories of delta have disappeared. i do remember drafting class, though. what was his name? ...that one's long gone. i only have two memories of the drafting classes, both involving things i was drawing. i have a vague impression of what the teacher was like. this is strange because drafting was one of the things that caused me to choose to go into engineering. but now i remember almost nothing about the people, class, and environment that influenced me. i just remember i liked it.

19/11/04 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home