Tuesday, November 09, 2004

(nasa) i'm disappointed

no one has yet surfed to my blog by googling "killer cement truck." i was certain it would only be a matter of minutes or hours. sigh. what do all you people do on the interweb all day?

ohohoh, in cement-truck-related news, i spotted a SPIRAL CEMENT TRUCK in the movie "the graduate" this weekend!





this was my first spiral cement truck siting in years, and it was exquisite. bigger sigh. did they stop painting them this way in protest against 80's pop music? disco? what? what was it? whyyyyyyyy? somebody please help me.

and, as if to torment me further, there seem to be more cement trucks per square inch in the greater clear lake area than anyplace i've ever lived, including LA. they are sometimes striped, sometimes logo'd, sometimes otherwise decorated.

somebody please give me spirals. the world needs spirals.

addendum nov 12: here is a photo i took just after posting this blog entry of the construction at nasa across the street from my office. justin's friend arturo's dad apparently works for a large cement company, and he said that in the 70s, lots of cement trucks were painted in all sorts of interesting ways, but that they've stopped doing that. but that still doesn't tell me why... why, arturo, why? can your dad pull some strings and get them to start again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home