Sunday, March 19, 2006

(dc) it's late

amy and i had a very romantic impromptu evening together. if this could happen more often with boys, i'd be all set. i was planning just to eat burrito's for dinner and work on my homework when she called. we cooked dinner (pad thai, tofu, and spinach salad) and then we went to the pictures. i'd say picture, but there were two. oh, yes. we went sneakin' into the movies. after we saw capote, we were still in the mood to watch more. so we went next door to see brokeback mountain. now, before you make too many judgements, think about this: the theaters don't make much money off ticket sales. where they really make their money is on concessions. this has been explained to me by an expert in the business. so we bought concessions again for the second film. and the theater probably made more money off our popcorn and large soda than they would have if we'd paid for that second film and skipped the food. PLUS - on my way back in from buying the second set of concessions, the lady asked for my ticket. i had left it in the theater with amy, so i told the lady i'd come back and show it to her. i knew there was a good chance we'd get kicked out when i showed her my ticket. back in the theater, amy and i debated for a moment about what to do. remembering always that "truthfulness is the foundation of all human virtues" (Baha'i Writings), i decided that i'd go out and show the lady my capote ticket, and if she wanted to kick me out, i'd call amy, and we'd leave. when i got out there, the lady was gone, and there was another guy in her place. it didn't make much sense for me to walk up to him and show him my bad ticket, so i went back in and we watched the second movie, feeling somewhat satisfied that we'd made at least a gesture of an attempt at honesty.

amy told me that if i don't get into heaven, she'll be right outside the door with me. for good measure, i'll go back and see brokeback mountain as planned with justin in a few weeks (if it's still playing), and this time we'll pay. then all will be even steven and my karma will be restored.

1 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

I think the only way you're really gonna be square is if you and justin pay for two tickets to see brokeback mountain and then spend the evening elsewhere.

21/3/06 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home