Tuesday, March 14, 2006

*(dc) practice makes happy

i practiced the piano last night at 4am. i can do this because i have no neighbors. it reminded me of when i was a little girl and i'd have an idea and want to get up and play it, and i had total freedom to do that, even though there was a house full of people. how is that? could they all just sleep through anything? do they remember this? did it ever annoy them? it *felt* like the living room was my own domain, and when i was at the piano, no one else existed, but in retrospect, that house was small - it must have been an imposition. they never made me feel that way.

my skillz need work. but they're still there somewhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

I really don't remember it at all, actually. I slept like a rock. Mother probably remembers it, though. Speaking as a mother, though, I know if I heard my child up playing piano at 4:00 am because they were inspired to do so I don't think I would make a motion to stop or discourage them :)

14/3/06 12:50 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

aww. you mothers. you're just so good that way.

14/3/06 1:21 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

can't say all mothers would be tolerant.

14/3/06 5:12 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I don't remember this Kelly, but then I don't remember much of anything these days so I don't know how much value there is in this comment.

17/3/06 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home