Monday, January 31, 2005

(dc) home



i spent today making home. i mopped the floor with a no-kidding mop after sweeping it systematically. i handwashed in the bathtub and put up the ikea blinds-slash-curtains that a previous owner had installed. i scrubbed clean a bunch of sundry items that a girl from craig's list gave me when i went over to buy her tv ($40). i bought some lovely furniture from my nice neighbors downstairs at goodwood, who gave me a splendid 1950s black vinyl and chrome reclining barber's chair. from a man who calls himself "the flagman" i bought an 8'x 10' piece of carpet ($10), some LL Bean boots ($5), and a 1930s era record player ($10). (aside: the flagman drives around DC in his pickup collecting stuff from homes and businesses that he then resells to flea markets. he says he's been doing this for 30 years. i'll try to take a picture of him next weekend.) from another girl on craig's list i bought an ikea bench (gray), and from my friends jessy and robbie i borrowed an aerobed and a pillowcase. things are shaping up so that i can almost live normally. i love my neighborhood.

still missing: a shower curtain, all my studio gear, my cat, and internet service. if i can find some rabbit ears for my tv, i might even be able to get fox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home