Saturday, January 29, 2005

(dc) homesick

i took my laptop to my loft tonight to explore wireless possibilities. i picked up no fewer than four connections. things called linksys, community, and some cryptic ones. one of them connected with almost full bars, but gave me no internet access. bummer. i called my neighbors to see if i could mooch until i get service.

robbie and i stood and contemplated the building of the sleeping loft. we carefully weighed the pros and cons. the con, "it would break up the room and make it feel smaller," seems to outweigh everything else. so, i'm changing tomorrow's plan to: buy an ikea sofabedlüfdirk and just go with that for now.

in the meantime, nasa jsc is once again refusing to ship my stuff, 3000lbs of which is sitting in their facility. even if i were to prioritize 1000lbs, they still will not ship anything that isn't clothes, toiletries, and personal papers. who has a thousand pounds of those things? according to the rules, i am not allowed another trip home for 2 more weeks (i get to go home every 3 weeks). i can fly down there and drive back as long as the total cost of the trip doesn't exceed the cost of flying the whole way. this rules out the Uhaul, but i may be able to drive my own car towing a trailer. shut up, justin, my car would totally make it. or...a more ideal solution would be to get a penske truck (much cheaper than uhaul, by the way), tow my car, and pay whatever overage that the truck costs. this is my new tack in the everchanging winds of nasa. i miss my studio. and my cat. and the warm weather. i even miss friendswood. sigh.

this week was challenging. i'm glad it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home