Friday, November 02, 2007

(dc) a new phase



silver sonya moved into tiny planet (my space) yesterday and will be joining forces with it's not rocket science studios (my studio). what was already a deliciously crowded and eclectic space is now crowdeder and eclecticer until i can get rid of some of my more boring equipment. i shall be selling my sissy v-drums to be replaced with one of TJ's kick-ass kits. i shall be selling my digidesign Control|24 to be replaced with their new (real analog) console (which they shall then sell as soon as they can afford the API board we're all lusting after). there is a set of vibes in the middle of the live room, and a couple racks of warmth, including a manley mixer and an awesome compressor. i'm torn, though. as you might recall, i'm itching to get the new rhodes when it's available. but do i give up the old one for the new one?

anyway, once we figure out how to get it all integrated, it's going to be the funnest place to be on the east coast. well, if you like to make music.

i can't wait to get my new website up and running.

and now i am going to make some music.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virtual instruments work wonders for space starved studios, and 99.7 percent of listeners can't tell it's not the real thing! (This is a made up statistic, but I can tell you undoubtedly that the 0.3 in that figure are the analog purists that like to do things the hard way so they and their kind can bask in the glory of the real thing instead of cheap knock offs)
Your artists probably care, mine don't, really.

All I can say is I have 4 grand pianos, 6 rhodes, a B3, and ton of other synths, and my studio is half the size of yours!

It sure is fun to cheat.

10/11/07 5:36 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

well, i'm mostly interested in instruments that inspire me and make it easier to make music that's original and true. there's something about playing a real rhodes or a real wurly or my sweet sweet grand piano that i've had since i was 5...different things come out of me when i play the real thing.

13/11/07 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good point, in my case, my playing is so lousy that it doesn't matter so much. I guess I am more inspired by the sound itself, everyone has their own source of inspiration...

19/11/07 5:22 PM  
Blogger helenko said...

hmmmmmm how much are you gonna be charging an hour????? I can do small recordings now, but I have bigga fish to fry in the next two years.......

26/12/07 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home