Tuesday, April 10, 2007

(dc) taking a break

friends, family, etc.

my mother had a dream about me a couple nights ago wherein i disappeared and no one knew where to find me. the bad part was that everyone blamed her for my unhappiness and subsequent disappearance.

i just want to state publicly here that i'm going to turn off my phone and my instant messengers and stop answering emails and take a break from everything for a while. i don't know how long. but please don't worry if you don't hear from me. i'll just be at home, trying to regroup. pretend i'm in tahiti without my blackberry or whatever (i don't actually have a blackberry). pretend i'm happy and having fun. pretend i'm with the love of my life (i don't actually have one of these either) and we are blissfully enraptured by each other. pretend whatever you have to pretend so that you don't worry and i'll talk to you in a couple weeks or however long it takes.

of course i will still have to go to work. but i'll be going into supersaver mode, dealing only with my necessary commitments and ongoing responsibilities.

and please don't blame my mom. she's the best.

kelly

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen Wang said...

Hi Kelly,

I came across your blog through Pedraum's. It's been a while.... are you still in supersavor mode?

11/4/07 3:37 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

we'll miss you! take care and feel better!

13/4/07 1:50 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

makes me think of the Brave Combo song "Do Something Different"... (it's a polka)

Don't believe anyone
Don't read your mail
Make light of every word you hear
Turn off your radio
Quit your job
Do Something Different (Disappear)

13/4/07 1:54 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

oh how i love a good polka.

13/4/07 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if I just had that perfly cement truck to park outside your window to catch the solar rays and provide light for your reflection.... you impact so many of us in such fantastic ways, like the soul of the planet. Know we care. Hang in there.

Hugs!

13/4/07 11:45 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

thank-you jodi and helen and anonymous. hugs back.

17/4/07 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home