Monday, March 07, 2005

(dc - fast day 4) lights up

my loft is transforming into a home, with the help of my neighbors. dan and anna, who own goodwood downstairs sold and gave me the perfect furniture to complete my home - a crazy 1940's dental stand, an old farm table, and a tall shallow hutch (free!) to be my pantry. i did some lazy unpacking, and then called evan to see if he'd help me put up my ikea spotlights. neither of us knew what we were getting into. there were problems at every turn - first locating a power source, then trying to drill into brick for the anchors, then trying to install the vertical hanging supports near the ceiling stud. they make it look so easy in the instructions, don't they? it wasn't easy, but we persevered (for many hours) and were ultimately successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home