Thursday, January 13, 2005

(dc) thinking aloud

as i sit here in my (crazy posh) hotel room this morning, i'm beginning to formulate a possible new plan. originally i was going to pack up a suitcase or two this weekend in houston, fly back to DC monday night, and stay with my friend kat for a while until i could acquire some basics to move into my place. this would mean leaving my studio and everything else behind in houston, where it would just sit idle for weeks or months. upon further thought, since i've already got my own place all lined up here to live, work, and park, i think i should just get in there as soon as possible. according to yahoo maps, it takes 21 hours to drive from houston to dc. gulp. perhaps what i should do is take advantage of this monday's holiday, pack up my car with my studio basics and futon, and hit the road. yes, yes. that seems like a logical plan. i might even be able to rig up my old car-top-carrier and throw the big carpet that's currently in my garage up on top of the car. this should really help with gas mileage.

at least if i do this, i will be able to work on music in my own space right away here, which may well be the only thing to prevent me from darkness. i should be able to fit the control 24, one or two keyboards, a couple mics, a couple monitors, and the digi and midi interfaces. all the other instruments will have to wait, but this should be enough to tide me over. i'm starting to like this plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Yes, but I don't like it. It requires that you drive your questionably safe 1981 model car for 21 hours. This seems like a bad combination.

13/1/05 12:31 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

living on the edge, as always, i guess. i believe in my car.

13/1/05 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home