Wednesday, July 18, 2007

(dc) potent

i feel a blog post is in order, but i'm not sure what to say. in cases like this, it is probably a cop-out to turn to quotations and mixtapes, but i think that's what i'm gonna do.

but before i do,
i've been noticing what happens when my brain has hours upon hours just to think, especially in the absence of communication. i've been noticing how easily i make things up and what percentage of time those made up things have anything to do with reality.

last night i was listening over and over to a song that sara solstice recorded at my studio last year. the words are from the Baha'i writings and feel particularly relevant right now:

"Grant, O my God, that I may not be reckoned among those whose ears are deaf, whose eyes are blind, whose tongues are speechless and whose hearts have failed to comprehend. Deliver me, O Lord, from the fire of ignorance and of selfish desire, suffer me to be admitted into the precincts of Thy transcendent mercy and send down upon me that which Thou hast ordained for Thy chosen ones. Potent art Thou to do what Thou willest. Verily, Thou art the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting." the Báb

sara chose the words "POTENT art thou to do what thou willest" to repeat over and over again, so i thought about this a lot.

i was also listening over and over to "my brightest diamond," and i've had a few lines of one of my favorite songs of hers stuck in my head all day, going around and around:

"now you've gone away
where there isn't a telephone wire
still i wait by the phone
you don't even write
to say good bye..."

i always liked these lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home