Saturday, August 19, 2006

(san fransisco) happy birthday to me

one of the best birthday's ever. last year's birthday was with my new dc friends and 200 of my friends' closest friends and fans. this year was with another 200 strangers (mostly) plus mother, carl, anthony, chelsea and keri and 18 lovely Baha'is at the wisdom course community event. we shared our dreams. i learned new things about my family.

chelsea gave me a mixtape that she called "phat beats" and then a jar of beets labeled "phat beets."

mother gave me her presence that evening and a family heirloom pearl and sapphire ring that my grandfather designed and had made for her.

carl drove them to san fransisco and paid for a very expensive hotel room so they could all be with me.

anthony gave me a couple smiles and his sweet spirit.

we left the party a bit early (right after the human pyramid, which i still have to track down photos of (carl and i among those on bottom and anthony standing on top with his fists in the air)) to have dinner on the 46th floor of the hotel overlooking the (foggy) city.

then carl, anthony, and i dropped mother off at the hotel and joined about 10 other friends (alfonso, sam+linda, their friend jeff, jessy, robbie, loretta, +others) and another 300 strangers for a midnight showing of tron in 70mm at the castro.

lots of people sent me birthday wishes on myspace and called and texted. thanks everybody. it was an awesome birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home