Wednesday, September 29, 2004

(houston) the first time is always memorable

or not.

what percentage of your first kisses are memorable? if you can remember all the people you've kissed, which of them do you remember kissing for the first time?

this is my first blog entry. well, not really - sometime in the early 90s when mosaic was the only web browser, during the apex of my procrastination in graduate school, i thought to myself, "wouldn't it be cool to keep a diary online where everyone could read it?". so i did. but a) there wasn't anyone else doing it and no one to read it, and b) i'm not very good at keeping diaries. to be honest i kind of burned out on the whole web/html/internet thing before it really got interesting/lame. i started fading out after complaining to one of the guys that started yahoo (who was a grad student in my building at school) about the advertising that had just started showing up. he told me that was how it had to be. i hope i still have that e-mail exchange somewhere. and i'm sure somewhere i have the html files from that first website i built.

we'll see how this one goes. don't hold your breath. but i figured at the very least it might be a way for me to document where i go for tax purposes.

so...hi. welcome to my (new and improved) blog.

disclaimers:
1) i might (or might not) say stuff here about NASA, where i work. or about Mars Exploration, or Lunar Exploration, or other such things. anything i might say is my own opinion and doesn't reflect the policies of the US Government.
2) i might say lots of things about Houston. If you like Houston, please don't take personal offense.
3) i might say lots of things about the Baha'i Faith. all thoughts, ideas, and musings are my own opinions and reflect my own limitations and human frailties. I wonder how you put a link in here... do you just put html tags? Until I figure it out, you can find out about the Baha'i Faith at www.bahai.org.
4) i can be a little clueless sometimes. if you are a friend or acquaintance of mine and you have some feedback for me that you think could help me be a better person, please post it anonymously as a comment on my blog, and i'll work on it. i promise. i'm dead serious about this one.

here are the 10 things i'm working on this month(in no particular order):
1) discipline
2) productivity and efficiency
3) patience
4) grace
5) non-aggressiveness/non-pushiness
6) creativity
7) space and time (having enough)
8) listening
9) easy laughter
10) unconditional love

please call me on any of these things, if you dare.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing called Unconditional Love, so don't work in it. It's useless. ;-0)

30/9/04 11:26 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

perhaps it's just a euphemism for suspending criticism, negative judgement, impatience, perfectionism, expectation, and/or faultfinding

30/9/04 11:39 AM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

and wow, a comment, already. i thought maybe this blog would remain in obscurity. thanks for reading, whoever you are.

30/9/04 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home